Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Reminders"

Although he keeps a journal, a friend was befuddled by my plan to blog through the PMC season. And I didn't have a good answer at the time.

Today I concluded that blogging is a reminder to remember why I'm committed to contributing to the campaign to eradicate cancer.

Remembering family and friends who have been touched by cancer. Remembering those we have lost, and reminding myself that the $35 million that riders raised last year, which - without question- has advanced treatments that have saved and extended lives into 2009. Furthermore, I'm committed because the PMC delivers more to the Dana Farber than any other athletic fundraiser, and it does so at 100% efficiency, which is unprecedented. These charts tell the compelling story another way: Top Fundraising Events in the USA and Massachusetts.

Pan-Massachusetts Challenge Gives $35 Million to the Jimmy Fund
PMC Founder Billy Starr on the success of the event

Please click the PMC logo
to donate to support the research at
the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.



190 days to the PMC (0 miles ridden this year)



No comments: