Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Helping"

(Written Monday, January 19, 2009)

I want this to be the most productive PMC season I've had, and I know that I don't have all the answers and skills I'll need to contribute more. So, I've asked for help.- probably the first of many times I'll do so.

My first request was to Paul Gillin, who knows social media cold. I asked for guidance and he gave it quickly, thoroughly, and enthusiastically. I'll implement everything I possibly can from his list of recommendations. It was easy for him to do - it was "frictionless."

When people ask me to do things I do often and easily, it's easy to say yes. If more people, and organizations, asked more people to help in ways that are easy for them, there'd be more volunteers.

What do you do well? I'd like to be able to ask you for help that would be ask for you to provide.

193 days to the PMC
(January 19, 2009)

No comments: