Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Honoring the Fallen

Firefighters all over New England, along with family and friends, are flocking to a church in Quincy to honor a firefighter who died on the job on Friday. I saw a caravan of MBTA busses filled with uniformed firefighters move through the center of my small town, coming from another, as it moved deliberately to worship.

I ride the PMC to honor the fallen, and the fighters who battle cancer. They are my family and friends, and the loved ones of my family and friends, and their family and friends. My Team Avanti teammates and I have honored hundreds of people -- and thought about them before during, and after the ride -- for the last three years.

To see some of the people we have ridden to honor, please click ON the picture below to see it full-size with captions. To share a the name and story of a friend or loved one we can honor in 2009, please comment or send an email to Team Avanti.





198 days to the PMC.

No comments: