Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Degree of Difficulty"

My daughter has a hideous, hideous cold, complete with fever, cough, congestion, and sore throat. She feels yukky and thinks life couldn't get worse. Wrong-o, babycakes, but that's a 'feature' of being a blessedly healthy 13-year-old.

My friend Geoff broke his neck ski racing three weeks ago. Clean break of a cervical vertebrae. He was pretty loopy and really sore, but not paralyzed. Ended his ski season, but not his life, and not his mobility. He'll recover with no fear of relapse.

Cancer is tough, and deserves to be defeated. Please join the fight by doing what you can. Some suggestions.
1) Give blood.
2) Give platelets.
3) Fund research.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John, it's me Fran from "kicked by an angel". This is so wierd. I am reading this blog and by any chance is your friend Geoff married to Fawn??? She is my niece!!! I guess it is not weird if you found my blog through Fawn...but very weird if you found it by accident.

John Marchiony, Co-founder, Team Avanti said...

Fran,

Weird it is, this small world. We see Fawn and the family pretty much every weekend from Thanksgiving through the end of March. Geoff was my elder son's coach last year, and Mikey is a good friend. We had a playdate last Saturday, right after they had a "Big Air" contest where skiers under 9 launched themselves off a HUGE jump.

Weird #2: I DIDN'T find your blog through Fawn, but rather when I went searching for PMC blogs. I love this weird world, and PMC community, of ours.

Cheers!

John