Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Snow Days"

Snow days were so much fun when I was a kid. They were so different, so free...truly days off.

There were no snow days in college, and I declined to embrace one that came my way when a Nor'easter flooded New York Harbor. In Boston, the 35" April Fool's day blizzard kept me home, and that was fun.

Now with three kids, snow days are less irregular, but require more creativity, especially when the snow turns to rain.

How many days do we get that are the snowdays of our youth or of our untethered adulthood? Can I enjoy snowdays when they are less free, require more logistcs, and require shovelling three times a day?

Yes I can, and I will, find a way to live every single day fully. That's the challenge and opportunity of snow days.

184 days to the PMC. 2009 miles: 20.
"200 Days to the PMC" Blog

No comments: