Thursday, July 02, 2009

Gaining By Losing

Just a month from the PMC and I'm wondering what this year will be like for me. In 2006 and 2007, I rode the PMC with Rob Rodgers and we formed "Team Avanti." In 2008, Joe Parrish, Rob Mosher, and Matt Schulman joined us. In 2009, Rob, Rob, and Matt were unable to ride, leaving our team at 2. I've felt a sense of loss when thinking about riding without them, and when I've been riding with, or without, any of them.

So what will I gain through this experience when it's so easy to dwell on what I've lost?

I don't know, specifically, but I'm sure there will be something spectacular. Perhaps it will be the chance to get to know Joe that much better. Or to ride with my college classmates, Walter and Lisa the rookie. Or Lynda, who I know only through Facebook email, and whose dedication to cycling may be unrivaled in my world. Or someone who I just happen to pedal next to....

Through loss, there will be gain. In that I have faith.

Please support my ride in the PMC and join my PaceLine.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: