Friday, July 17, 2009

My First Century Ride

Please donate to the Jimmy Fund and fund more lifesaving research by clicking the PMC logo. You can also join my "PaceLine" when you donate.

I think the 86 miles I rode to Rye, NH last week was the longest ride I'd ever done. This week, on Sunday, I'll do my first "century" ever -- 100 miles on a bike. It's even got a name, "Climb to the Clouds," which suggests "you're going to climb hills, suckah!" don't you think? That we'll do, climbing part way up Mt. Wachusett. The summit is closed, sadly, but I'm not sure I'm devastated by that. We "lose" the opportunity to climb 700 verticle feet in about two miles. Translation: steep and long.

The map below shows the route.

I'm doing this so the 110 miles on the first day of the PMC won't loom quite so large, and to see how I feel the next day. 'Course, I don't have to ride another 82 miles on Monday ;)

No comments: