Thursday, July 02, 2009

I'm Riding for Charlie and Bootsie

Joe and I rode 40 miles on Wednesday on a route through Sherborn and Dover that he had raved about since last year. As soon as we turned on "Farm Road," the beauty intensified. Then Strawberry Hill Road, and then Wilsondale. He described a fun descent and a gorgeous traverse. "Wilsondale" sounded familiar. I recognized it by the feel of it, knowing that Charlie and Bootsie Carothers, both angels I work to honor when I ride the PMC, raised a most spectacular brood of wonderful people -- Sarah, Mike, Lalla, and Matt. Charlie and Bootsie were spectacular friends and parents when they lived, and inspirations now. Sarah was one of the first PMC riders we sponsored, and Lalla is a godmother to our daughter.

I choked up as I passed their lovely yellow house with the barn on the curve of the road behind the stone wall, remembering warmth and friendship that never, ever waned.

Please support the live-saving cancer research by joining my PMC PaceLine and empowering the incredible doctors at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

Do it for Bootsie! (It just rolls off the tongue, don't it? ;)

No comments: