Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cheering


Today was the annual Susan McDaniel Run for Love here inn Weston. A great event with devoted champions, Margaret Randle and Jim McDaniel, Susan's parents. Oh yeah, Kevin Youkilis is also a supporter through his Hits For Kids Foundation. :)

After the race, our friend Lydia said "That was so much fun! There were people cheering for us all the way. I like it when people cheer for me." She went on to say "I wish people would cheer for me when I'm driving kids in a carpool," so I "encouraged" her kids to cheer when she gives them rides, or makes their lunches, or comes to their performances or games. We'll see if that one sticks!

And then I encouraged her to ride the PMC. It's a cheering-fest where thousands, if not tens of thousands, cheer the riders on and say thank you, thank you, thank you for us for riding our bikes. The MOST outrageous example of this is "Da Hedge" on the Cape, where a couple of hundred kids sound like ten thousand. The PMC is a unique event, and a unique experience. I'm looking forward to my fifth!





















No comments: